Welcome To Your New Home!
The following information is provided for your assistance when moving into your new home.
In the interest of making the process easier, we have compiled this information sheet. Please ensure you read this information carefully.
Contacting our office
132 Franklin Street
Ph: 1300 141 888
Fax: 03 9425 5980
Our office hours are Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:pm.
Synergy is closed on Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays and during the
Christmas/New Year period.
All enquiries should be directed in the first instance to your Property Manager by email.
All communication and requests must be made in writing directly to your Property Manager.
Please advise us of any new contact numbers and email addresses when changes occur. If you change employment during your tenancy, you must advise Synergy of your new business
A direct debit form is included in your tenant pack for completion. Sign where indicated and return to your portfolio consultant. Please ensure you notify Synergy immediately in writing should your banking details change.
Repairs and maintenance
As the tenant you agree to notify Synergy of any damage or repairs that may be required at the property. You must always contact the office first to organise repairs.
If an ‘Urgent Repair’ occurs out of office hours please see our
An urgent repair is as defined in ‘Renting: Your Rights and Responsibilities’ as follows:
- Burst water system
- A blocked or broken toilet system
- A serious roof leak
- A gas leak
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- A failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by your landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering
- Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- Any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
- An appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
- A serious fault in a lift or staircase
All general repairs must be emailed to your Property Manager. You must advise Synergy once any works have been completed.
If a tradesman is required to attend the property and a suitable time has been arranged between you (the tenant) and the tradesman and you are not home, you agree to pay the standard service call for the tradesman attending the property.
If a repair request is reported to Synergy and it is caused by tenant neglect, as the tenant, you are responsible for payment of the account. Such instances may include a power failure due to one of your faulty appliances, or a foreign object blocking toilets or garbage disposal units.
Please contact your Property Manager if you are unsure of your responsibilities.
Synergy strongly recommends that you take out content insurance for your belongings. The landlord’s insurance does not cover your belongings. Please contact your Property Manager should you wish to discuss.
Synergy will carry out routine inspections on the property to determine the condition of the property and necessary maintenance requirements. You will be given adequate notice before any inspection is conducted. Inspections are carried out twice a year.
Locked Out Of The Property?
We aim to hold a spare set of keys for each property we manage. Should you find yourself locked out of the property during business hours, please contact your Property Manager. The spare keys can be collected from our office and used to gain entry in this instance – you must supply a form of ID and a $150.00 cash deposit.
Giving Notice To Vacate The Premises
Notice to vacate the premises must be made to your Property Manager via email. A minimum of 28 days is required, regardless of whether you intend to vacate on your lease expiry date. Should you have any questions, please contact your Property Manager.
To apply for rental you must:
• Download the PDF Rental application form
• Ensure you complete all sections and hit the submit button.
• Make sure that you remember to include 100 points of identification with your application email.
• Ensure that the email is no more than 3MB, if all your documents exceed this limit we will not receive it.
• Alternatively, you can print and fax the form to 03 9425 5980.
• We also encourage you to call our office to ensure we have received the application form
• If any other information is required we will contact you immediately.